Updated: Dec 24, 2019
Hello & Welcome to the first issue of Jarida la Kusafiri. Jarida la Kusafiri is Swahili for Travel Journal and I named it this as I thought it sounds cooler than travel journal, as the journal will be.
So in this first issue I will be talking about hanging out at the hotels!
Over 2019 there will be mega sporting events to look forward to such such as;
- The ICC Cricket World Cup which will be held in England and Wales between the end of
May and mid-July,
- The baseball MLB London 2019: Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees
- The Tennis Wimbledon Championships to be held over the 29th - 30th of June at the London Stadium
- The Football UEFA Champions League finals over the 5th - 9th of June
This will be a busy period for London hotels and will be a great place to watch these exciting events!
Also there a whole host of international conferences and corporate events to cater for all genres that will be taking place all Summer which will be fantastic place for networking.
Over the Summer, it has been forecasted to average around 20 degrees (AccuWeather 2019), and with London's wealth of theatres, attractions and festivals it will be a great place to meet and greet global visotors. This coupled with a weaker pound (due to Brexit) will be sure to
attract a great number visitors around the world.
Europe’s largest infrastructure project, Crossrail, is almost complete and is now expected to open in 2019, further linking‑up west, central and east London. The line could bring an extra 1.5 million people to within 45 minutes of central London. The impact will enable further economic development, which will keep the hotel busy in the future.
So to bring this issue to an end, its always a good idea to try at least one of the three champagne cocktails:
- 5 pomegranate seeds - 1 ounce pomegranate liqueur
- 4 oz chilled champagne
- 4 mangoes, very ripe and diced - 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, for garnish - 1 bottle champagne
Apple Cider Mimosa
- 1 bottle champagne - 1 cup apple cider - 2 tbsp sugar - 1 tbsp ground cinnamon